Sunday, May 8, 2022

Fortunately, Unfortunately with Grade 2 - Class Stories

Thanks to https://ideafm.org/ for the idea and the image.

In second grade, we read Fortunately by Remy Charlip, a story that follows Ned through a series of problems and resolutions, and talked about plot structure.

Then we wrote our own version as a class ... the kids much preferred coming up with the "unfortunately" parts!

Finally, the students paired up to write and illustrate even more versions. I'll post pictures of them working together - and their stories - once they finish up. For now, enjoy the stories they wrote as a group:


How I Got to My Party - Rm 5

Today is my birthday. 

Unfortunately, I can't get to my party.

Fortunately, a bus came along to drive me there.

Unfortunately, the bus blew up.

Fortunately, there was another bus.

Unfortunately, that bus had to fix its tires.

Fortunately, I jumped on a car.

Unfortunately, the car broke.

credit: pinterest
Fortunately, there was a big cat and I rode on it. 

Unfortunately, he died.

Fortunately, my mom drove by me and picked me up.

Unfortunately, I fell into a fire and I died.

Fortunately, it started to rain.

Unfortunately, there were no firefighters.

Fortunately, I came back to life.

Unfortunately, there are 1,000 snakes in my way.

Fortunately, they didn't bite me.

Unfortunately, the dead cat's ghost tackled me, and the snakes bit me, and I died again.

Fortunately, I came back to life AGAIN.

Unfortunately, I danced on a car and fell off.

Fortunately, I made it to my party.


The Crazy Drama - Rm 5

credit: Youtube
I had to get to Florida. 

Unfortunately, a magic wizard turned me into a water bottle.

Fortunately, I wished upon a dragon and I turned back into a human. 

Unfortunately, the dragon died, so I turned into a garbage dump.

Fortunately, a car was driving to Florida and was pushing me with it.

Unfortunately, a wizard came and turned me into a skunk.

Fortunately, I secretly got into the car.

Unfortunately, the roof was broken and a bird pooped on me.

Fortunately, it was magic bird poop and I turned back into a human with bird poop on my head.

Unfortunately, a snake then bit my head.

Fortunately, the snake wasn't venomous.

credit: amazon
Unfortunately, the driver finally looked in the back and kicked me out of the car.

Fortunately, I fell into a magical puddle of water.

Unfortunately, I then turned into a squirrel. 

Fortunately, I found a golden Easter egg, and when I touched it, I turned back into a human.

Unfortunately, someone then handed me a baby with a dirty diaper.

Fortunately, the baby didn't have diarrhea.

Unfortunately, the diaper fell off onto me.

Fortunately, my fairy godmother took the baby to Babyland.

Unfortunately, 1,000 scorpions ate me up.

Fortunately, they threw me up.

Unfortunately, they threw up so far that I was in California.

Fortunately, there was a jet to go to Florida.


Tyler's Unlucky Day - Rm 4

One day, Tyler's house exploded!

Fortunately, he ran out.

Unfortunately, there were tigers outside.

Fortunately, he ran into some superheroes that killed all the tigers.

Unfortunately, there was a tsunami.

Fortunately, one of the superheroes grabbed him and they flew away.

credit: foodyear.net
Unfortunately, the superhero hit a tree and they fell into the water.

Fortunately, the water was bouncy because ... Jell-o ... and they bounced out.

Unfortunately, a plane was coming and hit them!

Fortunately, he fell into a hole and found a spa to spend the day.

Unfortunately, the hole got flooded by more tsunami water.

Fortunately, 5,000 superheroes saved him and flew into the beautiful sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment