Wednesday, May 13, 2020

ABC Story by Ms. Moore and Ryan G.

(and a sentence from Avalena H.)

Photo found at twisterdsifter.com
When I looked out the window and saw a GIANT HEDGEHOG floating by, I knew it was going to be a strange day. I called animal control, but there was no answer; JUST as I hung up the phone, I heard a crazy sound from outside.

Animal control had evidently already been contacted, came, and they brought a huge cage that they KNOCKED together, but which the hedgehog was refusing to go into. LET me think ... MAYBE it would go in if I gave it a biscuit! But NO, the hedgehog stomped ON the biscuit and then PROCEEDED to take a running jump and fly into the air!

He flipped through the air and landed on my neighbors doorstep; my neighbor was QUITE surprised when he heard the hedgehog knock on his door. He thought that the pizza that he ordered had arrived, but when he flung open the door, the hedgehog RAN into his house. The hedgehog destroyed everything in his path, STOMPING on TOYS and crushing them UNDER its feet. My neighbor screamed, "Make it stop! Make it stop!" ... He was VERY WORRIED that this X-TREME animal would ruin everything. But what could I do to help? YIKES!

I was scared of the animal, but figured I could chase it with a giant ZIPLOC bag on a stick to scoop it up. ALAS, not only were there were no big enough bags for a giant hedgehog, but he crashed through the sliding doors at the BACK of the neighbor's house and CONTINUED through the yard, knocking DOWN a fence and EXPLODING through a garden.

Suddenly, FRED from Animal Control came with a new GIANT trap. I only HOPED that he would go in it. I JUST did not know if the hedgehog would go in. KILLING the hedgehog was no option. LUCKILY, in the sky, a shape took form as it buzzed closer. It was a spacecraft! With pictures of giant hedgehogs on its sides! The hedgehog MIGHT leave NOW!

Sure enough, he stood still and looked up into the sky at the approaching OCTOGON-shaped flying ship. Slowly, a hatch opened and a PLASTIC rope was lowered with a giant basket at the end. I was QUESTIONING how the spacecraft REALLY got to Earth, but right now I was just SUPER happy!

THE next day, I checked on the hedgehog. I was UPSET that the hedgehog was not there. But then a VERY small stuffed hedgehog floated down from the sky on a gentle WIND. I now had a souveneir of my eXciting eXperience. YES, it was a very good time after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment