Monday, May 18, 2020

Telling Fibs

Fibonacci, a mathematician who lived during the 1200s, developed a number sequence named after him. Each number is added to the previous number to get the next number: 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 and so on.

Author Greg Pincus invented the “Fib” form of poetry, in which each consecutive line has the same number of syllables that appear in the Fibonacci sequence. During Poetry Week, students could choose to write a Fib. Here are some of their creations:

I
love
to swim.
My favorite
is the butterfly.
I also love video games
image from mocomi.com
- G.F., Rm 12


Me
Golf
Hit it
Very far
Mom, always cheering
In my dreams I feel like a pro
- M.F., Rm 13


Run     
Twirl             
Jump up     
Spin around
Jazz, tap, hip-hop too
There are so many ways to move
Lyrical, ballet, contemporary, acro too
- C.B., Rm 14


I
like
baseball.
The Yankees
are my favorite.
They have a lot of great players.
They've won twenty-seven World Series Championships.
- L.T., Rm. 14


bbrr
ice
its cold
snow falling
winter is coming
I can't wait to make a snowman .
- E.A., Rm 14


I
like
flipping.
I'm soaring!
Flying through the air.
Gymnastics is my favorite sport.
- S.W-B., Rm. 14


Hi
I'm
Joelle
and I like
chocolate ice cream
and I like to draw and make crafts.
- J.W., Rm 14


So
my
passion’s
basketball
but I also like
to play video games - all sorts.
- E.R., Rm 17


I
like
playing
games because
they are fun ... they are
only fun though when it is fair.
- A.R., Rm 17


I
love
football.
Gronkowski
goes for a touchdown,
lives in a very big mansion,
and he invites his brothers to Gillette Stadium
- G.Z., Rm 18


I
love
my pup.
He is cool.
Pup fits in my cup.
He likes to snuggle up with me.
- I.F., Rm 18

No comments:

Post a Comment