Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Telling Fibs in Room 17

We read a biography of Fibonacci (B Fib), a mathematician who lived during the 1100s. He developed the Fibonacci sequence, in which each number is added to the previous number to get the next number: 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 and so on.

Author Greg Pincus invented the “Fib” form of poetry, in which each consecutive line has the same number of syllables that appear in the Fibonacci sequence. Here are some of the students' examples ... feel free to write one of your own in the comments!


I
like
my class.
It is fun.
I love my cool friends.
The fun, it changes every day.
- C.B.

Ding
Dong!
Someone's
at the door.
I should go get it.
Oh my gosh, it is Dove Cameron!

Dog.
Cute.
Awesome.
Man's best friend.
Very playful pet.
A great friend to play with and cool.

I'm
good
at sports
like football.
I'm a running back.
Touchdowns mean a celebration dance.

Boing.
Boing.
Splashes.
Someone's in
the pool; they need a
safety vest for emergency.
- D.K.

Bugs.
White.
Furry.
Fluffy pet.
Best bunny ever.
Best friend as a bunny so cool.

I
love
to play
basketball.
It's so fun to play.
I like to play it with my dad.
- F.P.

Ding.
Ding.
School's out.
Happy summer!
I'll play in the pool.
Let's have a pool party Friday.
- D.K.

Dogs'
barks
are so
loud loud loud.
But I like their
furriness and their funniness.
- N. H.

Hi.
I
like to
be silly
at home with my friend.
We are funny and silly, yeah.
- G.A.

Bang.
Bang.
Shooting
practice at
the police station.
Boom. Boom. There it goes again. Bam.
- D.K.

I
like
to play
with my friends
like Francesca and
Brooke. We play very awesome games.

I
love
football.
Fun fun fun.
It is very fun.
I like scoring for my teammates.





No comments:

Post a Comment