Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Telling Fibs in Room 18

We read a biography of Fibonacci (B Fib), a mathematician who lived during the 1100s. He developed the Fibonacci sequence, in which each number is added to the previous number to get the next number: 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 and so on.

Author Greg Pincus invented the “Fib” form of poetry, in which each consecutive line has the same number of syllables that appear in the Fibonacci sequence. Here are some of the students' examples ... feel free to write one of your own in the comments!


Split.
Flip.
Backbend.
Gymnastics.
I am flexible.
Roundoff, backbend, front flip, leg lift.
- S.D.

Hoot.
Hoot.
Owl
feeding time.
Come over to eat.
The owls fly high in the sky.
- S.I.

I'll
try
to be
the best one
on my soccer team
I'll try my best to reach my goal.
- J.K.

Bat.
Catch.
Dugout.
We have fun.
I love softball.
Ball, bat, glove, helmet, mask, bat bag.
- B. A.

Crash!
Boom!
Fire!
Got to go!
Don't want to get burned!
I need to warn everyone now!
- E.D.

Play.
Jump.
Dancing.
Gymnastics.
Practice for softball.
I do flips on the trampoline.
- S.P.

Book.
Look.
Reading.
Like the book.
I paid for the book.
I love this book, I want it bad.
- J.S.

I
like
sewing.
It is fun.
I also like to
color and draw; it is such fun.

Scream.
Run.
Recess.
This is fun.
I love to play this.
Have fun and jump 'til you fall down.


No comments:

Post a Comment